Pharmaceutical masculinizing HRT
PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! This is highly experimental and incredibly dangerous stuff.
This is not a Guide
We strive to provide non-biased, well cited, and accurate information, but this wiki is written by people who may or may not be professionals.
This is a note!
It contains the early rough scribblings of an article, which you could grow to a more thorough page, or simply deranged science musings! ❤
The clinical goal of all binary HRT regimens is to get your hormone levels to typical levels of the sex you identify with. Testosterone at levels typical of cis males tends to fully supress the ovaries production of estrogen, so unlike Feminizing regimens typically no anti-estrogen is needed.
- WPATH Standards of Care contains "diagnostic criteria", medical treatment recommendations, timelines etc.
- Hormones: a guide for FTMs is a great, human-readable guide on what to expect from hormonal transition.
- (April 2020) Testosterone, Cortisol, and Secretory immunoglobulin-A Within a Single Day and Across Two Sequential Days Among Trans- And Cis-Gender Men
- (October 2019) A mouse model to investigate the impact of testosterone therapy on reproduction in transgender men.
- (August 2019) Pharmacokinetics and Acceptability of Subcutaneous Injection of Testosterone Undecanoate.
- (June 2019) The effect of testosterone therapy on personality traits of trans men: a controlled prospective study in Germany and Switzerland.
- (April 2019) Longitudinal Case Study of Transgender Voice Changes Under Testosterone Hormone Therapy.
- (July 2018) Testosterone undecanoate and testosterone enanthate injections are both effective and safe in transmen over 5 years of administration.*
- (June 2018) Exogenous Testosterone Does Not Induce Or Exacerbate The Metabolic Features Associated With PCOS Among Transgender Men.
- (March 2018) Pharmacokinetics, safety, and patient acceptability of subcutaneous versus intramuscular testosterone injection for gender-affirming therapy: A pilot study.
- (February 2018) Severe Secondary Polycythemia in a Female-to-Male Transgender Patient While Using Lifelong Hormonal Therapy: A Patient’s Perspective.
- (November 2017) Cross-sex testosterone therapy in ovariectomized mice: addition of low-dose estrogen preserves bone architecture.
- (November 2017) Relationship between testosterone in serum, saliva and urine during treatment with intramuscular testosterone undecanoate in gender dysphoria and male hypogonadism.
- (October 2017) The Response of the Menstrual Cycle to Initiation of Hormonal Therapy in Transgender Men.
- (September 2017) Effects of testosterone therapy on BMI, blood pressure, and laboratory profile of transgender men: a systematic review.
- (July 2017) Subcutaneous Injection of Testosterone Is an Effective and Preferred Alternative to Intramuscular Injection: Demonstration in Female-to-Male Transgender Patients.
- (February 2016) Consecutive lynestrenol and cross-sex hormone treatment in biological female adolescents with gender dysphoria: a retrospective analysis.
- (October 2015) High-Dose Testosterone Treatment Increases Serotonin Transporter Binding in Transgender People.
- (May 2015) Antimüllerian hormone levels decrease in female-to-male transsexuals using testosterone as cross-sex therapy.
- (February 2015) Testosterone treatment and MMPI-2 improvement in transgender men: a prospective controlled study.
- (September 2013) Testosterone replacement elevates the serum uric acid levels in patients with female to male gender identity disorder.
- (October 2012) Dose-response analysis of testosterone replacement therapy in patients with female to male gender identity disorder.
- (January 2012) Associations between transition-specific stress experience, nocturnal decline in ambulatory blood pressure, and C-reactive protein levels among transgender men.