Nilutamide is a nonsteroidal antiandrogen. It has been assessed in transgender women in five studies/publications between 1987 and 1989. It was assessed in a clinical study for the treatment of acne and seborrhea in cisgender women in 1989 and was found to be highly effective.
- Asscheman, H., Gooren, I., & Peereboom‐Wynia, J. D. R. (1989). Reduction in undesired sexual hair growth with Anandron in male‐to‐female transsexuals—experiences with a novel androgen receptor blocker. Clinical and experimental dermatology, 14(5), 361-363.
- Rao, B. R., De Voogt, H. J., Geldof, A. A., Gooren, L. J. G., & Bouman, F. G. (1988). Merits and considerations in the use of anti-androgen. Journal of steroid biochemistry, 31(4), 731-737.
- van Kemenade, J. F., Cohen-Kettenis, P. T., Cohen, L., & Gooren, L. J. (1989). Effects of the pure antiandrogen RU 23.903 (anandron) on sexuality, aggression, and mood in male-to-female transsexuals. Archives of sexual behavior, 18(3), 217-228.
- Gooren, L., Spinder, T., Spijkstra, J. J., Van Kessel, H., Smals, A., Rao, B. R., & Hoogslag, M. (1987). Sex steroids and pulsatile luteinizing hormone release in men. Studies in estrogen-treated agonadal subjects and eugonadal subjects treated with a novel nonsteroidal antiandrogen. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 64(4), 763-770.
- De Voogt, H. J., Rao, B. R., Geldof, A. A., Gooren, L. J. G., & Bouman, F. G. (1987). Androgen action blockade does not result in reduction in size but changes histology of the normal human prostate. The Prostate, 11(4), 305-311.
- Couzinet, B., Thomas, G., Thalabard, J. C., Brailly, S., & Schaison, G. (1989). Effects of a pure antiandrogen on gonadotropin secretion in normal women and in polycystic ovarian disease. Fertility and sterility, 52(1), 42-50.