Mad Gender Science!:Storing the big stuff
This is a note!
It contains the early rough scribblings of an article, which you could grow to a more thorough page, or simply deranged science musings! ❤
I think we may need an external, very simple, file store for large objects. Specifically, we want to:
1. Use the wiki as a wiki - don't try to add un-wiki-like files or structure. Use the wiki for when it's the best tool for the job.
2. Store some large files, eventually.
I do not want to move off of Miraheze. They're cool, and I don't relish the task of configuring and securing (and paying for! a wiki farm. Use the non-profit as a non-profit. :p
- Storing mirrored copies of papers (as much as we can legally and safely).
- Protein structure data, raw reports, user surveys, etc.
- Webcomics! All the trans webcomics that are inactive and at risk of deletion. Just a thing I really want!
- Access to more powerful tools for the science projects!